Source： Release date：2017-03-07 00:00:00browse：1087
Chapter 1 General Principles
Article 1 Name of the society is CHINA SPORT SCIENCE SOCIETY, abbreviated to CSSS.
Article 2 The society is voluntarily composed by the sport scientists, technologists and relevant units which enthusiastic about the sport science and technology. The society is a legal-registered nationwide non-profit academic mass organization.
Article 3 The purpose of the society is to unite and organize numerous scientists and technologists; to initiate the spirit of science: dedication, innovation, objectivity, cooperation; to promote sport science activities, to accelerate the development of sport science and the growth of sport scientists and technologists, and to serve the buildup of people’s health and the enhancement of sport technical level under the constitution, laws and societal morality.
Article 4 The society accepts the business guidance and supervision of China Association for Science and Technology as business directive unit and Ministry of Civil Affairs of the People's Republic of China as registration administration organ. The society is subordinated to State Sport General Administration.
Article 5 Address of the working body of the society: No.11 Road Tiyuguan, Chongwen District, Beijing, China. Zip code: 100061.
Chapter 2 Scope of Business
Article 6 Main work:
1) To organize and implement domestic and international sport academic exchange activities.
2) To organize sport science popularization activities.
3) To organize continual education activities.
4) To organize and implement all forms of consultation and cultivation activities in connection with sport.
5) To promote subject study and to organize the achievements authentication, etc.
6) To promote the spread, transformation and development of scientific achievements, to conduct all forms of expositions, presentations and demonstrations.
7) To organize the edition and publication of books, magazines, popular science readings, electronic audio-video products and other types of material, and to promote relevant researches.
8) To promote communication with sport science organizations and individuals abroad.
9) To recommend talent; to honor or reward members and regular/pluralistic workers who made excellent contribution in the activities of the society.
10) To report sport scientists and technologists ’opinion and demand; to preserve the members’ legitimate rights and interests; to hold service activities for sport scientists and technologists.
11) To accept the commission of the government and other units and promote relevant work.
Chapter 3 Membership
Article 7 Types of member: individual member and unit member.
Article 8 Qualification of members:
1) To advocate the constitution of the society.
2) Be willing to join in activities of the society.
3) An individual member must have an educational level of college or above, a certain academic level and actual experience. A unit member must have connection with the society’s professional field, excluding the government organs.
Article 9 Membership application procedures：
1) The person/unit addresses the application.
2) The standing committee discusses and passes the application.
3) The working body of the society sends out the member card.
Article 10 Member rights
1) Right to vote, to be elected and to vote.
2) Right to join in activities of the society; the priority and preferential rights to get relevant documents.
3) Right to criticize and make suggestions, to supervise the society’s work.
4) Right to be free to quit from the society.
Article 11 Member obligations:
1) To implement resolutions of the society.
2) To preserve the legitimate rights and interests of the society.
3) To participate in activities organized by the society.
4) To accomplish the work assigned by the society.
5) To pay membership fees with the regulations.
6) To report the situation to the society and provide relevant data.
Article 12 Members who want to quit from the society should inform the society in written form and turn in the member card. Members who haven’t been paid the membership fees over 1 year and made no change after being reminded in 1 year will be regarded to quit automatically.
Article 13 Members who have violated the criminal law or seriously infringed the constitution of the society will be expelled after the standing committee voted.
Chapter 4 Organization Structures, Election and Deposition of Responsible Officers
Article 14 The highest leading institution of the society is the National Member Congress, with the following functional authorities:
1) To decide the principles and tasks of the society.
2) To formulate and amend the constitutions.
3) To elect and depose the directors.
4) To consider the work reports and financial reports of the Council.
5) To honor and reward the advanced units and individuals.
6) To decide termination matters.
7) To decide other important matters.
Article 15 Member Congress is held every 4 years, only if 2/3 of member representatives attend in principle, the resolution goes into effect only after it is voted through by more than half of the members. In special circumstances, Member Congress could be advanced or postponed, only after the business directive unit, the registration administration organ and the subordinated unit agreed, and the time limit cannot exceed 1 year.
Article 16 The Council is the executive body of the Member Congress, it leads the society to work when the Member Congress is not in session. It’s responsible for the Member Congress, with the following functional authorities:
1) To implement the resolution of the Member Congress.
2) To elect, appoint and depose the director-general, deputy director-general, secretary-general and standing directors.
3) To prepare Member Congress.
4) To report the work and financial situation to the Member Congress.
5）To decide the enrollment and disenrollment of the members.
6) To decide establishing working bodies, branches, representative agencies and entities.
7) To decide the appointment of the deputy secretary-general and the members of agencies.
8) To lead the agencies to work.
9) To formulate the system of internal management.
10) To decide other important matters.
Article 17 In principle, the Council is held annually, only if 2/3 of the directors attend, and the resolution goes into effect only after it is voted through by over 2/3 of the directors attended. In special circumstances, it can be held in telecommunication form.
Article 18 The society has a standing committee, which composes of the director-general, deputy director-general, secretary-general and branch directors. When the Council is not in session, the standing committee exercises the functions and powers according to 1) 3) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) in Article 16. It is responsible to the Council.
Article 19 The standing committee conference is held no more than half a year, only if 2/3 of the standing directors attend, the resolution goes into effect only after 2/3 of the standing directors attend voted through. In special circumstances, the conference could be held in telecommunication form.
Article 20 The director-general, deputy director-general and secretary-general must have the following factors:
1) To uphold the lines, principles and policies of China Communist Party, and to have good political caliber.
2) To have a high academic level and considerable influence in sports field.
3) In general, the limit of age of the position is 70.
4) To have a good health that enough to carry out normal work.
5) Not have been deprived of political rights or suffered the criminal punishment.
6) To have full civil capacity.
7) The secretary-general should be full-time staff.
Article 21 The term of the director-general, deputy director-general and secretary-general is 4 years and shall serve on more than 2 consecutive terms. If needed to extend the term or exceed the age limit, the standing committee must propose a suggestion which should be firstly voted through by the Council and then approved by the business directive unit and the registration administration organ.
Article 22 The director-general is the legal representative of the society. In special circumstances, the legal representative may be taken charge by the deputy director-general or secretary-general after the approval of the business directive unit, the registration administration organ and the subordinated unit. The legal representative of the society cannot concurrently be the legal representative of any other group.
Article 23 The director-general exercises the following functions and powers:
1) To call and officiate the Council and the standing committee.
2) To check the implementation of resolutions of National Member Congress, the Council and the standing committee.
3) To sign important documents representing the society.
Article 24 The secretary-general excises the following functions and powers:
1) To officiate the working bodies to carry out routine work and organize the implementation of annual work plan.
2) To cooperate the branches, representative agencies and entities to work.
3) To nominate deputy secretary-general and major directors of working bodies, branches, representative agencies and entities and report to the standing committee to decide.
4) To decide the employment of standing staff of working bodies, representative agencies and entities.
5) To handle other routine work.
Article 25 People who made great contribution to the society can be granted of an honor, or taken charge of consultant or honorary positions after being discussed by the standing committee, and the term depends on specific circumstances.
Article 26 According to the need of work, the society can establish branches.
1) A Branch is responsible to organize and implement business work.
2) A Branch mustn’t make other constitutions. On specific circumstances, a branch can establish a committee and create positions include the chairman and deputy chairmen, the secretary and several committee members. In order to facilitate work, a standing committee can be found with the population not exceed 20% of the total number. The management of branches shall be formulated separately.
3) The subordination of branches exercises open bidding.
Article 27 For reasons like business transfer, when members of the Council, standing committee or branches can no longer take part in the original work or the work of the society, the secretary-general shall propose a replacement and then be approved by the standing committee. The replacement of the secretary-general or above should be approved by the business directive unit and the subordinated unit.
Chapter 5 Management of Expenditures and Assets
Article 28 Financial Resources:
1) Membership fees.
4) Government grant.
5) Income of activities.
7) Funds of the society.
8) Other legitimate income.
Article 29 The society collects membership fees according to relevant state regulations.
Article 30 Expenditures must be used in the development of programs and the business scope according to the regulations in Chapter 2. It mustn’t be shared among the members.
Article 31 Establishing strict system of financial management, to ensure the accounting data and assets management legitimate, authentic, accurate and complete.
Article 32 Providing accountants with professional qualification. An accountant cannot concurrently be in charge of cashier. Accountants must do accounting calculation and supervision, and clear the transaction when leaving the post.
Article 33 The society accepts the supervision of Member Congress, relevant financial departments and audit institutions. Donations and sponsorship will be published in certain forms. When changing the term or legal representative, the society accepts the financial audit of the registration administration organ and the business directive unit.
Article 34 Assets of the society mustn’t be crouched on, divided up or embezzled by any organization or individual.
Article 35 The wages, insurance and welfare treatment of standing staff of the society follows the state regulations for public institutions.
Chapter 6 Amendment of the Constitution
Article 36 The amendment of the constitution should be considered by National Member Congress after being voted through by the Council.
Article 37 Before the new constitution go into effect, it should be firstly agreed by the business directive unit and the subordinated unit, and then approved by the registration administration organ within 15 days after being voted through.
Chapter 7 Termination Procedures and Property Settlements after Termination
Article 38 When a logout is needed because of fulfilling its purpose, dissolution, schism, coalition or other reasons, the National Member Congress will vote and pass a termination decision by the Council, it should be approved by the business directive unit and the subordinated unit. Finally, a cancellation should be finished by the registration administration organ.
Article 39 Before the termination, a liquidation organization whose duty is cleaning the debts and cope with the aftermath should be established by the guidance of the business directive unit and the subordinated unit. In the period of liquidation, the society may not engage in any activity unrelated to the liquidation.
Article 40 The residual property of the society after termination will be used to develop programs related to the purposes of the society on the supervision of the business directive unit, subordinated unit and the registration administration organ according to relevant regulations.